Friday, November 30, 2007

Finally!!

I just tried calling my high risk doc back to find out what was going on, and I got the same nurse I spoke with the other day. Apparently she had my chart right in front of her, and was going to finish calling patients back by 4. At any rate, I'm glad I called. The answer is to increase my night-time dose from 5 mg to 7.5 mg. Hopefully this will help!! I really want this to help! I really, really don't want to have to do the combo of oral meds and insu.lin. Not something I really want to deal with.

We actually had a really fun night last night! We never took anything out to make for dinner, so instead we went out. As we were trying to figure out where, Nathan reminded me that we had a coupon sitting on the fridge that we had wanted to use, that expired last night! So, we used it, and went to Melting Pot for dinner. I was impressively well behaved, for me! And since Celia was with us, it was actually a bit more fun than romantic, which was great. We got the big night out for $14 off, which was great. And I was really impressed that they didn't charge us anything else for the little bit that Celia ate. Hard to tell what that kind of restaurant will do. We got the cheddar cheese fondue, and I ate mostly the vegetables, a few apple pieces, and a few pieces of bread, but not much. Then the meat, which was amazing. For dessert, I had mostly bananas and strawberries with the original chocolate- and he even gave us a little extra Peanut Butter in it- extra protein is good! Plus a tiny piece of pound cake and two rice krispy treats (apparently their new dessert dipper). Celia was hilarious! She had mostly the bread and apples with cheese. A bite of mushroom (which is a shock, she usually loves them), and bananas. She made a mess, but she had a lot of fun doing it. We weren't sure how well she'd sit, since dinner there usually takes 2 solid hours, but she did great! And going on a weeknight was a really good idea. We got seated right away without a reservation!!

Today I had a craft show at work, which went pretty well. I sold a bracelet, a skein of yarn, and a few cards. Tomorrow I have a much bigger craft show at a community center in Rockville, which I'm a bit nervous about. Just trying not to think about it at all, really. I'm excited though. Hopefully it will go well!!