Monday, April 13, 2009

got milk?

The end of last week, I took Celia in to see Dr. D because her allergies have been acting up for a month, and I'm not sure what to do with it. So we've got her started on Clar.itin and will see if it helps. If not, we go to Zyrt.ec, and if not, I call him back and we try all.egra. Fun times. The next morning, Seth woke up congested still, and sounding lousy, so I took him in to see Dr. D. Two days in a row, at around the same time, I found it funny. Anyway, we chatted, he listened to Seth, looked him over, and he thought for a bit. We switched him back to Augm.entin for 3 weeks, since his sinus infection didn't seem to really be clearing well. Then he brings up another thing, which I was totally afraid of hearing- a possible milk allergy. He suggested I take him to an allergist to have some testing done, and see what comes up. But said to stop giving him any milk protein at all from now on and see if it makes a difference. I figured it would take a bit to get in to see the allergist, but when I called this morning, they said they had a cancellation at 2:30, so we get to go today. Of course, Celia has to go with us, because she's home sick with a cold.

Let me tell you how hard it is to avoid milk! No milk (well duh), cheese, yogurt, anything with milk in it (bread, muffins, pancakes, etc), and lots of things I"m sure I haven't thought of yet. Of course, I made pancakes yesterday, and added milk and butter without thinking about it. And the corn we had for our pre-easter dinner had butter in the sauce. So he didn't get to have any. He was NOT amused.

At least Easter was lovely. We met up with a friend of mine from Grad school who came to town for a vacation with her husband and daughter. It was so much fun to see her, and her daughter C and Celia are the same age, so they had a blast! We hit the Zoo, and saw the Pandas, lions, tigers, and lots of other animals. It was so much fun!