Sunday, April 29, 2007

Full speed ahead.

Ever since we got the phone call from my nurse on thursday, my head has been spinning. I'm SO excited to get started, but at the same time I'm freaking out. I had to run home over lunch to grab my marriage certificate to fax to the financial person to get the insurance authorization, and at the same time I went by the pharmacy and picked up the birth control pills. Friday was my night off, I went to a spinning group (yes...not only do I knit, I spin too) in Baltimore with Jody and Sarah. I can't tell you how much I needed that! I do appologize for being so quiet- I had so much going through my head. But it was so much fun, and I can't wait to go again!

Anyway, while we were at dinner, I took my first bcp. It is definitely wierd taking a birth control pill when trying to get pregnant. The one thing I forgot, was how my body reacts to starting birth control. I'm exhausted, and I have a migrane and upset stomach (from the migrane). I haven't had a migrane in ages!! And on a sunday- when I have shopping, and errands to run, and want to be planting the veggie plants we bought yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon after planting some flowers and herbs, the mail came. With a HUGE envelope, containing the protocols for IVF, and our schedule. I came inside, layed down and read it all through, then took a nap. We went through the online 'webinar' on IVF that our clinic has (you either have to go in person, or do it online). The only sucky thing, is that I'll start the GonalF injections on May 21st (if all goes well, of course). The problem here is that I'm supposed to go up to Buffalo May 25-28th for my best friend's bachelorette party. I'm matron of honor in the wedding, and it looks like I'm going to have to miss it. I'm so bummed!! I'm going to try to go up for 1 day that weekend, but I'm not holding my breath. Thank goodness the cycle will be well over by the wedding. I'll either be pregnant, or dealing with a failed cycle. And I'm terrifed of getting the dress altered now, knowing weight gain can be an issue.

Anyway...I'm going to go back to lay down and watch some Gilmore Girls, drink some tea, and knit a bit.