Thursday, October 16, 2008

stolen from several others....

1. How long have you been a Mom? 4 and a half years

2. How many children call you Mommy? 1.

3. Girl? Boy? or both?: both

4. Did you know what you were having? Yes, I hate surprises.

5. How old were you when you became a Mom? 27

6. How long were you in labor? I never had the chance. I had a scheduled C-section with Celia, and then again with Seth (though it did get pushed up because of contractions...they weren't real labor ones though)

7. What’s your favorite thing about being a Mom? The snuggling, hugging and kisses. They are like magic.

8. What’s your least favorite thing? not sleeping through the night.

9. Do you want more kids? No way- thus the tubal ligation.

10. Do you plan on having more soon? Not unless a miracle happens and my husbands low quality sperm gets to my ute and an egg gets past my tied tubes.

11. How many times have you been pee’d on? probably close to 100.

12. Barfed on? daily if you count spit-up.

13. Is your child named after anyone? Nope.

14. How did you come up with their name? both names were found in a baby name book of over 35,000 names.

15. When your child gets in trouble, who is the bad guy? Hands down it's me.

16. What is the longest you have been away from your children? A trip to San Jose/San Francisco last October. Though I suppose Seth was technically "with" me in the womb.

17. Bedtime routine? Dinner, followed by baths. After baths, I take Seth for his meds, Nathan takes Celia for 2 books of her choosing. I feed Seth, and he's usually down around 8. Lights go out after Celia's books, and then she gets 2 stories, 10 "protecting kisses" on her foot, and a dozen or so good byes. Followed by a request for water, last hugs, and then she's down.

18. Are your toes painted? Do you count the polish on my 2 biggest toes that is chipping off and only has a sliver left?.

19. Last movie you saw in the theater? Made of Honor. By myself. Before I went back to work.

20. One thing you will not give up just because you’re a mom? Knitting.

21. One thing you did give up now that you’re a mom: drinking as much as I used to. Now it's 1 glass of wine or 1 drink. Not 2 or 3.

22. Best Mom perk: The smiles, hugs and kisses.

23. Snack, you sneak bites from your child? sometimes.

24. When the kid is napping, you are: watching TV or knitting.

25. Where is your child(ren) now? PreK and day care

26. Favorite place to buy maternity clothes? Old Navy

27. If I could do it over…I would have found a way for me to stay home with them.

28. Did it turn out the way you expected? Even with the bad parts, it's even better.