Sunday, September 9, 2007

hormones suck.

Seriously. I had a real bout of post partum depression when my daughter was born. It didn't get bad until she was about 7 months old, and I was not dealing well with being back at work (even though I had been back for 4 months at that point. I called my doc, and they had me go to a therapist, and take meds. I was on Lex.apro for a few years, and then switched to Zo.loft when we were starting to try for our second. About a year and a half ago, I went off of it (slowly, as per my doc's instructions, of course). I have been doing really well, considering the whole IF thing. I have it together, handle stress well, don't cry at the drop of a hat... Until yesterday. Yesterday, I was watching a really great movie, Shopgirl. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it- Claire Danes and Steve Martin in a wierd relationship, etc. I loved it! Until one point, and I just lost it. I started balling hysterically (I don't want to ruin the movie, but let's just say there was a part that was heartbreaking and brought back a lot of memories I hate to think about). Anyway, my husband was great, just held me and let me cry it out. Today, yet another stupid thing set me off, and I cried for 20 minutes. In front of Celia, who was doing her best to comfort me. I had completely forgotten what pregnancy hormones do to me. I like a good cry every so often. But not twice in less than 24 hours! Anyway, I hope it stops, or at least calms down a bit- it's getting annoying.