Monday, June 9, 2008

hot!!

My god it's been hot in DC! I walked out of work this afternoon and had an instant head ache. Not fun!

Had my appointment with my GP this morning, and we've doubled my dose of Lex.apro. I'm hoping it helps. Really hoping. Thankfully it should. I go back in 2 months to see how I'm doing. It was interesting though, because we also went over the bloodwork that I had done last week. Most of it was pretty good, and there weren't really any surprises. I'm still a bit anemic, my cholesterol/triglycerides are a little high, but not alarmingly so. And my fasting blood sugar was high. Not diabetic levels, but high. She said to get some exercise, and then before my next appointment we'll get another blood draw done (for the Hemoglobin A1C), to see how that looks. Then we'll decide how to proceed. She said focus on getting exercise, and not to worry as much about losing weight yet. That one thing at a time is better, and she doesn't want me to take on too much. She's there to help me prioritize, and that it's most important to start getting exercise. I had said that I was going to join Weight Watchers last week, but that I had gotten pulled into a conference call before I was going to go (which is true), and it just didn't happen between meetings (which is also true). She said that while she usually is a strong believer in WW, that at this point, she would rather me take that one hour and exercise each week. That right now, it's more important to get other things on track (anxiety and depression), and that exercise will help with all of those things. So, I'm going to put WW on the back burner for now. And focus on exercise, and spending as much time with the kids as I can.

My aunt is not doing well. She has more tumors than they initially thought. And they're thinking that, depending on how she reacts to the treatment she's getting right now, the time frame is somewhere between three weeks and a few months. Sad, but I hate knowing that someone I know and love is suffering. I wish the cancer would just disappear and she'd be fine, but that's not going to happen. So now I'm really just hoping that she doesn't have to suffer too much.