Monday, June 16, 2008

water

Apparently there was a huge water main break in my county today, affecting my house, office, and my kids day care. I got into work and was relieved when my hubby logged into skype, because it meant he made it into work (or that day care was open). I did, however, get a phone call at noon, saying that day care was closing at 1, and that until the water situation is safe, they will remain closed. So now I get to wait and see what happens, and will find out tomorrow morning when we call to see if they're open or not. While it's not an ideal situation, and timing isn't great (lots of stuff to do at work), at least I do get to spend a little extra time with the kids. As I type, Seth is asleep on the couch next to me, and Celia is watching Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. I forgot how great that show is! I haven't seen it in YEARS, and Celia loves it as much as I did when I was little. And it's not nearly as obnoxious as Dora.