Friday, June 6, 2008


Thanks so much for your support guys. Really, it means so much! My aunt seems to be doing a little better. I called my dad on Wednesday, and he was still at the hospital, and she even wanted to say hi!! So I got to talk to her for a few minutes. In reality, she sounded absolutely horrible. But I would have been shocked if she sounded good. So it's still pretty touch and go, and we have no idea what's going to happen yet. I'm praying for her constantly, either for her to get past this and keep fighting, or for her to not be in any pain anymore. I did call my brother yesterday and tell him what was going on, which was really hard for me to do. My brother and my dad's side of the family has a lot of tension since he and my father do not speak. He hasn't spoken to my aunt since my wedding, either (and that was 6 years ago). She was not invited to his wedding. I was glad to hear that he wanted to be kept in the loop, and was sad to hear that she's not doing well.

Yesterday was fun. I was at work, when the power went off at 10. It was off for over an hour, when they told us we could go home. Kind of hard to get ANYTHING done when your job is 100% on the computer, and the only thing you could work on was a laptop that had a battery that was running out, and you can't really start any jobs on the main grid, not knowing if it's stable. Gotta love that. So, at least I got to spend a quiet afternoon at home with my husband (who was home sick again). He's still home today, and still sick. I woke up this morning feeling a bit funny in my head, so I'm hoping it's just caffeine withdrawl, and that I'll be fine after the coffee kicks in. Otherwise I'll be enjoying the weekend from my bed with a fever for 3 days. Not my idea of a good time.

Therapy on Wednesday was also good. I'm impressed that I made it there, since we had a huge storm, and all the power was out. Thankfully she has a window in her office, so we were still able to meet. It was really helpful, and she's even more thinking that I need to have my meds adjusted a bit. So I'll talk to my GP about that on monday. She even said to have the GP call her if she wanted to talk to her about things. Kind of nice. I've definitely been having a few dark days here and there, and most days have several dark hours. I am really looking forward to the weekend though! I can't wait to get some SLEEP!