Monday, May 5, 2008

first day

Well, I just got back from dropping Seth at day care. I didn't cry, yet. I did tear up a few times though.

Some things have changed- they aren't allowed to prepare bottles (I used to leave cans of formula with them and they'd make them), so I had to do that when I got there. And I didn't have caps either (they used to leave the clean bottles in the kids cubby and make them as needed). So I have to wash caps tonight so he has plenty- at least 4 bottles per day. I'm hoping to make it until about 2 before caving and picking him up, but we'll see how it goes. I'm meeting a friend and her 2 kids for breakfast over at the Rio, so hopefully that will distract me for a while. Hopefully.

I'm just really sad. I know that I have to work, and I do like my job for the most part. But after being home with Seth for 11 weeks, I don't want to let go of him. It's way too soon, and I'm just not ready. I want more time with my little boy.