Friday, March 14, 2008

seeing grey

I'm still in quite a fog, but I think I'm finally starting to come out of it. Exhaustion is not much fun, and I completely forgot how exhausting it is to have an infant in the house. Seth sleeps about 3 hours at a time, which is great. But still hard when he's up at 1 and 5 for about an hour (or 2) at a time.

Weather yesterday was so beautiful that I picked Celia up a little early, so she, Seth and I could take a walk around the neighborhood together. It was really nice, and she had fun with it too. I'm trying to get in a pattern of taking walks more regularly. Exercise is the only way I'll be able to keep weight off! Speaking of which, I'm down 24 pounds now! Yeah! I also arranged it so that, starting next week, Celia will be only going to preschool on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and she'll be home with me on Tuesday and Thursday. I know that she seems to think that we're having all kinds of fun while she's at school, when in reality, we sleep til 11 or 12, eat lunch and relax in the afternoon. But hopefully next week I'll be more up for taking them out a bit more. Maybe to the play ground, mall walking, or something. She's pretty excited about it, which makes me happy. And, we'll be saving $50 a week, which also makes me happy. Plus, it gives me a taste of what it would be like to be a stay at home mom, since even if I was home, she'd be in preschool part time.

I also noticed last week that I've got a few grey hairs. SO not happy about this!! I got my hair colored dark in December, with the hopes that I'd not have to do anything for quite some time since I had nothing to cover up. Last week, I noticed a few grey roots...or I should say SILVER roots. Well, the other day, I got my hair cut short. Really short in back, but still with some length in the front. It's different, but I love it! Now, I'm finding more of them. I'm only 31, and am starting to turn grey. I shouldn't be surprised, since my mom did at the same age, but it's still a bit of a shock.

I also made an appointment with Dr. L, at her new practice, so I can see her and get everything checked out after the pregnancy, get some bloodwork done, and talk to her about getting a referral to a therapist. I'm feeling a lot better this week, but you never know. I don't think it would be a bad idea to talk to someone a few times, and try to process some things. I tend to put things aside as I'm going through them, and manage fine, but then months (or years) later, they come and smack me in the face and I lose it. I'm trying to keep this from happening again. I'm also curious to see how high my cholesterol is. After my last pregnancy, my triglycerides were triple what they should be, not good at all. Gotta keep things under control now.

Still no progress with nursing. I'm trying, and he's refusing. At least I know it's not my technique, since the lactation consultant was impressed with that part. I'm giving it another week of trying, before I just give up all together. I'll still pump, since I've paid for it through May. But something has gotta give here! And I'm not going to kill myself to get him latching on, and having it make me feel rejected any longer than I have to.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this weekend's meeting of The Order Of The Plastic Uterus down at Costal Flats in Tysons Corner!! I can't wait to see everyone! I sooo need a break, and what better than shopping at the biggest mall I've ever been to, and fantastic food with GREAT company!

I leave you with a pic of my sweet boy sleeping on my chest. I'm so in love!!