Wednesday, April 16, 2008

productive

Yesterday, when Celia was napping, I spoke with two friends and made arrangements for them to come over today for a play date. L has 2 kids, ages 4 and almost 3, and J has 2 kids, ages 3 and 4 weeks. Celia and J's oldest were at school, so it was the two babies, and L's kids. Thankfully I knew they wouldn't judge me for my house needing a good cleaning, but for some reason, I looked at our living room and HAD to clean it before they came. So last night, I tore it apart, got rid of TONS of recycling and random junk into the trash (and recycling, of course). And I managed to go through 2 bins of Celia's old clothes to give to L for her daughter. I kept about one bin's worth that was only 3/4 of the way full, and gave her 3 bags of clothes, and have added to the bin of things that I plan to donate. I am so excited! It has been driving me crazy that we've had so much clutter in the living room, and now it's gone!!

So today, I finished cleaning, and ordered pizza for lunch for when everyone was arriving. I figured I"d order it early and toss it in the oven for when we were ready to eat. I'm glad I did think to order it early, because I ordered it at 11:30, and the e-mail I got said it would be there in 30-40 minutes. An hour and 20 minutes later, it wasn't here yet. So I called, and they said it was on it's way. 20 minutes later, it still wasn't here. So J called them back, and asked why it was so late, and got them to put a credit on my account for a free pizza next time we order. That was definitely nice of them to do that, considering they were an hour late with our lunch, and we were all starving! We all sat and ate, and ate the rest of the cheesecake I made for the TOOTPU get together last weekend, and had several pots of tea while we caught up, chatted, and the 2 older kids played while the babies slept. It was fantastic!! And tomorrow, I'm going to go up to Frederick with L to hit Costco and MOM's (My Organic Market, which I have never been to but am excited to check out). I'm definitely enjoying being on maternity leave and getting to spend so much time with L (and have Celia and her kids get together so much). Tomorrow should be fun, and Celia is already excited to see the kids.