Saturday, February 16, 2008

36 weeks

I can't believe I'm already at 36 weeks! It feels like the last few months have flown by so fast. And now we're about as ready as we can be! We headed over to Buy Buy Baby after Celia's gymnastics class today to grab a few last minute things. I was also going to go ahead and buy a Medela pumpNstyle. But, as I was looking at the different models, I wasn't sure which one to get, a new mom actually came up to me and mentioned that they're way cheaper if you buy them through SG hospital's lacation consultants. I guess her mom works there, and they will even help you pick the best model for you, and show you how to use it. So I decided to wait and I'll do it that way.

All along I've been pretty ambivalent about nursing this time, since last time it was a total nightmare. But, after reading Karen's recent posts, and talking with the other second time mom at work yesterday, I decided that I really do want to at least give it a serious try this time. And that even if the baby doesn't latch well at all, a real pump will help me to be able to give the baby breastmilk for as long as possible. I do feel it's a good idea to at least really give it a good try this time. If it goes well, I may even decide to pump at work, instead of having him onto a nursing schedule like I did with Celia (only nursing in the mornings and evenings, but not during the day, so I didn't have to pump at all).

Anyway, only 5 more pills left, until I'm off the meds. I'm trying not to think about it at all, and hope that I'll be lucky and the contractions won't start up again for a while. Of course, I had procrastinated on pre-registering at the hospital, so I did that (online! Yeah!) a few minutes ago. I'm ready! And I'm hoping that the fact that I'm ready will mean that the baby isn't ready to make his appearence for another 2 weeks and 4 days. I'm getting excited, but I'm also really nervous. Especially about the whole being cut open part.