Thursday, February 28, 2008

4 years, and one week (plus 2 days...)

This post was going to be written on Tuesday, but it just never happened! Sleep takes priority over blogging these days.

Tuesday, Celia turned 4! She got to open one present in the morning, and two after school, and she loved them all. We got her the new They Might Be Giants kids CD/DVD combo. I slept through most of it, but apparently she made Nathan put it on right away, and was singing one of the songs by the time I got up a bit later. Nathan took cup cakes into school for her to celebrate with her friends and teachers, which she was also really excited about. Then after school, Nathan picked up her cake, got her, and came home and we ordered food from Red Robin for dinner. It was the perfect day for her!

And, also on Tuesday, Seth turned 1 week old! So far, he's a really good baby. He sleeps for around 3 hours at a time, which is fantastic. He's opening his eyes more, moving around a bit more, and stays awake for more than 10 minutes at a time. Yesterday he was up for nearly 2 hours! I'm enjoying not being at work and getting to spend time with my beautiful boy. It's much more enjoyable than the first few weeks with Celia. Partially because he sleeps better, partially because I'm not stressing over nursing (which I'll still post about later). Celia is doing pretty well with him. The only issue is that he does wake up a lot in the middle of the night, and she is a pretty light sleeper. She usually gets up once with us, and sometimes twice. This morning, she was up with us at 5:20, and was NOT going to go back to sleep.

I had my 1 week post-op appointment with my OB this morning. Apparently the incision looks great, he pulled the last bits of tape off, which hurt like hell, but now it's all gone. He's pleased with how the surgery went, which is good. I go back next week, and at that point I will be able to drive again. It's good that I can't, because it would be way too easy to over do it. Especially when the recovery from the C-section has been WAY easier this time than last time. The first 3 days were absolute hell again, but after that, the pain got much easier to manage much quicker. I'm still a bit slow in walking, but at least it doesn't hurt to get out of bed. I remember still hurting to get up for about 2 weeks after the first one.

And now for a few pictures! Here's our little guy, and his big sister:

And a pic of the whole gang...don't mind me- I'm just tired!!:

Well, that's it for now. I need to pump while Seth is still sleeping!