Thursday, October 4, 2007

happy!

I just love ob appointments! I get to see my favorite doc, and hear the heartbeat, all at the same time! I talked with him about the "pain" I've been having, and he said that it's most likely stretching of the ligaments, which I had figured out. But that it may be a bit worse because of the fact that I had a C-section before, and there may be some scar tissue in there. No great shock, but I don't know why I didn't think of that! As for the shortness of breath, it's probably my getting anemic again. Apparently at my first appointment, my counts were all normal, but it's definitely possible that I'm anemic now. So if it gets any worse, we'll check it out and start me on supplements again if I need them. I'd like to prolong this as long as possible, because the Iron supplements make me constipated. Blech.

Took him a minute to find the heartbeat though, but since I feel baby moving a lot, I wasn't at all worried. And the second I heard that wonderful woosh, I was just rediculously happy! I love that sound!! One of these days I'll have to bring Celia in with me, so she can hear it. Or maybe I'll take her to an ultrasound. I thought about taking her to the one this Monday, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe next time.

Thankfully the discomfort has gotten better overnight. I sat my butt on the sofa after dinner, popped in the second disk of season 1 of Grey's Anatomy, and watched it (and the first 2 episodes of season 2 disk 1. I'll be though it at no time at this rate! I'm trying to stretch it out, but I really want to know what happens!! However, this show does make me cry. A LOT. Tuesday night I was watching one of the season 1 episodes where a little girl who is about 2 and a half is having some seizures, and it turns out half of her brain needs to be removed. And of course, the anesthesiologist is a bit drunk and falls asleep during the surgery. They show the little girl starting to wake up in the middle of surgery, and I just LOST it. Completely hysterical. I just want to keep Celia safe and sound, and I know it's completely unrelated, but it just really upset me. Needless to say I was a bit clingy with her yesterday. At any rate, I hope the ligaments settle down by saturday, so I can do my walk without hurting too much. Thankfully I'm doing it with a group of friends, so I'm sure I can pass the stroller onto someone else if I need to.