Monday, October 8, 2007

We're having...

an it! As expected, my little darling decided not to cooperate today. Legs were closed tight together, and weren't budging. Same thing that happened with Celia. The woman doing the US said at first that she thought it was likely a girl, because she wasn't seeing anything that could resemble a penis. And just then, in a flash, there was "something" that could possibly be one, but she really had no idea. It happened really fast. I saw what she was talking about, and then woosh- it was gone. So we have no clue. Could be a girl, could be a boy.

Everything else is really good. The only slight problem is that my fluid is a bit low. So I need to up the protein and water intake a lot to make up for it. That should help. Plus it made a few other organs harder to see, so I get to go back in 6 weeks for another one. Plus they want me to see a cardiologist the same day to do an echo on the baby. Apparently my increased sugars can put some stress on the baby, and lead to some issues there, but it's really just a percaution. Everything should be fine. Yay!! So cool to see everything- the spine, the ribs, the brain, heart and chambers beating, arms, legs, lips... Just amazing. And we did end up bringing Celia with us. Nathan held her the whole time and let her watch the screen during the whole thing. She was amazed. When it was over and I got to sit up, she ran to me and exclaimed how she had seen "my baby's heart!". It was really sweet. I showed her the 2 pics, and pointed out the eyes and nose on the first, and the profile- head and chest of the second. She took it to Nathan and explained the pictures to him. She was so excited, I'm really glad we brought her. Next appointment is the day before Thanksgiving. Which means we'll hop in the car immediately after, and head up to Buffalo for the holiday.

I'm so excited, and definitely curious to see what this child ends up being. Hmm...