Thursday, October 11, 2007

I've been debating.

Over the weekend, I had a conversation with one of my best friends, and I've been mulling it over a bit. She just got married in June (I was matron of honor), just after my transfer- who knows- her big day could have been the big day that baby A and baby B implanted. Anyways. She and her husband started trying for a baby last month. I knew this was coming, so I wasn't the least bit surprised. I half expected her to make an announcement the second I saw her...but in fact, that was not the case. Apparently, they tried, and she was 8 days late. She had taken several HPTs, but they were all negative, so she went for the bloodtest anyways. Completely expecting to hear a "you're pregnant". And when they didn't, she was devistated. Now, apparently, her mom never actually tested positive on a HPT. And she's had 5 pregnancies. But never did she have a positive HPT. So my friend wasn't at all surprised to have a negative HPT, but still was convinced she was pregnant. Anyways, when they found out that she was not pregnant, she and her husband were completely shocked and devistated. Now...here is my question for you all- Have you ever heard of getting negatives when you're actually pregnant? Not just one, but all the time? I thought there had been so many advances with HPTs in the last 20 years, that it wasn't an issue anymore.

Anyway, something else she mentioned, was that her brother and SIL were trying. For a year, and then they got tested, and are undergoing IUIs at the moment. Trying to figure out how to afford IVF, which isn't covered. Anyway, I told her to forward my e-mail to her SIL if she wanted to talk. Don't know if she'll actually e-mail me or not.

Here's where I'm a horrible person. While I don't wish Infertility on anyone, I was a little relieved that my friend didn't get pregnant on the first try. Hopefully it will happen over the next month or two.