Wednesday, October 31, 2007

San Francisco

Was a blast! We ate ice cream at Ghiradelli, bought loads of chocolate, went to a cool wine bar (I did do a flight, but it was all Cab sauv., and the kind of tasting that costs $25, and the cheapest bottle we tried was $75), rode the cable cars, and had the best pizza I'd had in a long time. It was unbelievable. That was just the first day. The second day was breakfast at a pastry shop, and then a culinary tour of Little Italy and North beach. Amazing food, coffee, and lots of walking. However, it was not exactly the best idea. I got completely overheated, exhausted, and felt like I was going to pass out for a minute. Thankfully some fresh air helped (we were in the back of a deli where it was HOT). After that, we went shopping in Chinatown, and relaxed for a while before a dinner of Tapas. Gotta love being in a city.

It was really great to get home though. Apparently I missed an earthquake by about 8 and a half hours. Yikes! Thankfully it was a mild one, but it's still scary. It was so good to get home last night. I really missed Nathan and Celia. She was in bed when I got home, but I still got to kiss her goodnight. The sucky thing is that she's sick. Nasty cough and managed to get an infection in her chest, so she's on antibiotics. The cough is horrible, and not getting any better, especially at night. Poor thing was having a coughing fit that lasted about 20 minutes in the middle of the night. Hopefully it gets better quickly, now that she's been on the antibiotics for a few days. So good to see her today- the hug she gave me was the longest, biggest, strongest hug I've had from her, and it just made my whole day.