Thursday, July 19, 2007

damn tastebuds!!

2 weeks ago, I spent 2 hours at Let's Dish, preparing meals for my family. I picked the 8 meal deal, and split 7 of them, ending up wtih 15 total meals. Last night, we tried the first one, Firecracker Chicken Tenders with sweet potato fries. Let me tell you how yummy it was!! I loved it.

Tonight's selection was pork tenderloin with an apricot chile glaze. I took 2 bites of it and couldn't eat it. I'm not sure if it was the pork, or something in the glaze, but I really couldn't eat it. So I moved onto my salad, mixed greens with cheese and crutons, and balsamic vinegrette. Blech!! I ate about 1/8th of it, then took another bite and it was just all bad. Something in the dressing (it's Newman's Own, which I really love!), just didn't work for me. At least the potatoes (baby reds, boiled, drained with a little salt, butter and fresh thyme), and corn bread (from a mix) was good. So that was my dinner. I'm so sad, because I was really hungry when I sat down!! Now I'm here, checking my e-mail and bloglines, and I'm hungry. But does anything in this house sound appetizing?? NO! Of course not!!