Tuesday, July 10, 2007

tired!

I don't remember being this tired this early on before! I can barely peel myself out of bed in the morning, and by 2, I'm falling asleep at my desk. Not such a good thing! I can't wait until I get my beta results tomorrow. I did take another test this morning (I went 2 whole days without one!), and it again was positive again. I'm trying to believe it, but am having such a hard time. It's so early!

I had a nice lunch with a friend today. She knows what we're going thru, and she actually experienced a loss at 12 weeks last year, and finally started trying again. She asked me if I had any results yet, and I told her. She was so happy, and told me that she's pregnant too, by about 6 weeks. I am so excited for her!! I know she was really torn about trying again after last time, but I'm so glad she did.

Another fun thing this week- I keep finding out that more people are leaving at work. Some to go to the same place as many of the others, some to other places. I'm kind of bummed, because most of the friends I go to lunch with on occaision, or get coffee with, or go for walks with are leaving. I'm the only one left. And I'm thinking it might be time to start actually looking for another job, but everything else, I don't want to start over again. I need to have FMLA in place so I can take my 12 weeks and not risk losing my job. I really don't have any sick/vacation time right now (thanks to a toddler who loves to contract viruses and bring them home), so that's not a concern. But the Short Term Disability gives me 5 weeks pay. And we have a 2 week parental leave that we get when we have babies (for dads too, which is so cool). And in the long run, I'd rather be working part time, but I cannot find ANYTHING part time. At least my resume is somewhat updated, in case I do find something to apply for. I keep telling myself that I'm safe here unless I hear otherwise. Which I haven't. I don't know...I guess I'm just rambling.