Friday, December 28, 2007

All fixed!

Nathan came home for lunch yesterday (bringing food from Panera!), and easily saw what the problem was. Apparently the seal that goes from the tank to the metal tube that connects to the water line was shot. So he shut off the water, and planned to stop at Home Depot on the way home. At least it was a cheap and easy fix, and he was done in less than 10 minutes (which is huge for him...he's great at fixing things but most things take hours). Since he had to stop at Home Depot, and we had sandwiches for lunch (which was what I planned for dinner), I called him up and asked him to meet us at Applebees (it's right next to Home Depot) for dinner. So we got there around 5:15 and were seated pretty much right away. We ordered relatively quickly, and then waited for our food. Now last time we were there, I got an appetizer, which arrived at the same time as our dinner. So this time, I decided to pass on the appetizer. Which of course, made it so our dinner would take over an hour to get to our table. About 20 minutes after our order went in, the waiter came back to say they were out of corn dogs- which is what Celia had ordered. She was a bit upset, but brushed it off pretty well and chose the Mac and cheese instead. It was at least another 40 minutes until our food arrived, and I was famished!! Of course, my order was wrong. I had ordered the new meal with 3 mini cheeseburgers and fries. What came out?? Four mini cheeseburgers with lettuce and tomato. Now if I wasn't so hungry and really wanting some fries, I would have been fine with it. But I was STARVING and really wanted my fries!! So I told my waiter the problem and instead of leaving my plate and bringing me some freaking fries, he took my plate away!! I had to wait another 5 minutes for my food. Which wouldn't have been an issue, if I wasn't so freaking hungry! Let's just say after that, it will be a while before we go back to that particular Applebees.