Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A few random things

First, I need to take a second to tell you about JJ! For those of you who don't know of her, you should! She's an extremely talented IF blogger, who has an amazing Christmas CD out! She has a beautiful voice, and has put together a CD for the holidays! She's selling it over on her blog to help fund her IVF treatments, and I got my copy last week. It's really beautiful, and I love all of the songs on it! It's been in my car since I got it, and it's the perfect addition to anyone's holiday collection! Thanks for sharing your voice with us JJ!!

Pregnancy update- Things are going well! My sugars are MUCH better after upping the night dose, which is a huge relief. I've been having a little bit of cramping here and there, but apparently that's normal. Nothing regular, or strong. And baby is moving around like crazy! I must get kicked 100+ times per day. I'm pretty sure he's still transverse, which is stretching me in ways I've never been stretched. My next ultrasound is next thursday, so just over a week to go!!

Kid update- I had Celia's first parent-teacher conference on Monday. I do talk with her teacher most days when I pick her up from school, but it was nice to get a chunk of 1-on-1 time with her, really get an idea of what they're learning and working on, and how Celia is doing. Her report card was as close to stellar as you can get! She's right on target for her age developmentally, which is always good to hear. And she loves to learn! It was great too, because I got to see Celia in the middle fo the day. Granted, it was during naptime, so she was on her cot the whole time, but she actually stayed there! And I got to give her hugs and kisses when I left. We were so proud of her, that we decided to take her out for dinner and to the library that night. She was so excited about that, and picked ChickFilA as her restaurant of choice. She's been so good since too! Even listening better! At the bottom of the post, I'm going to put a pic of our girl, as we were celebrating Hanukkah. And a pic of her with her new haircut.

This afternoon Nathan and I are taking a half day to do some more Xmas shopping. It's hard to find time to shop for Celia (or at least "santa" shop for Celia) when she's with us. Or on the weekend, because everywhere is just so crowded. I purposely saved 4 hours of personal time to use for this- and I have to use it by the end of the year, otherwise I lose it. Hopefully we can agree on some gifts for her.

Just 3 more days til the weekend! I've got some recipes together for my baking day, and I just need to find 1 or 2 new ones I haven't tried before. Now I just need to hope that we don't get snowed out.

Here's a few pics of our girl. I'm just so incredibly proud of her this week!!