Monday, December 3, 2007

Food and FUN!!

Yesterday, Leah hosted a cookie exchange for the DC bloggers, and it was amazing!! There were 6 of us, and 6 different cookies, and lots of great conversation. We also came up with a few ideas for upcoming get togethers, which was fun. And, I didn't behave at all. Granted I probably ate about 3 ounces of cheese, but I also ate 7 or 8 cookies, AND had the Ruby Sipper, which was an amazing beverage that Leah made for us. ALL had sugar. AND I had 2 more after dinner. Now the ironic part about this?? My blood sugar level this morning was 84. What the hell?? Seriously, I have no understanding of how or why it was low. Nathan's only suggestion was that I was really good for dinner. I had a huge piece of steak (from Whole Foods, so it was REALLY good), some rice, green beans, and a glass of milk. Then 2 cookies. But for the most part, it was pretty healthy, and low carb. I have absolutely no idea.

Anyway!! I got Celia in bed, and went to wash her new sheets. Just before we went to Buffalo for the holiday, she crawled in our bed, which has flannel sheets on it at the moment. She commented on how soft and warm they were, and I asked her if she wanted a set for her bed. She was so excited, and said that she'd love some. So, Friday on my way home, I stopped for some flannel sheets at Bed, Bath and Beyond. They had this really pretty light blue/green color, so I got those. Now this is where I'm a complete idiot. I got them in Twin size. Seriously, what was I thinking?? My mom brought her my old bed (an antique) back in September, which is full sized. I know this, as it was my bed for about 18 years. How could I screw this up?? So, as I was going to wash the sheets last night, I go to open the package, and realize what I had done. Now this wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that when I was putting her to bed, we talked about how I was going to go wash her sheets, so we could make her bed tomorrow after school. She was so excited. I realized what I had done, and nearly cried. I really hate disappointing her, especially when it's such a stupid mistake on my part. I told her this morning about the error, and she was definitely a bit upset. She was really looking forward to it. In fact, she couldn't wait for me to pick her up at school (and wanted me to even though I will be late (acupuncture appointment this afternoon). I told her that her daddy will pick her up today, but I will tomorrow. And since I was running late this morning, and thankfully BB&B opens at 9, I ran over on my way to work (there's one about 2 minutes from my house and on my way to work) and picked up a new set of sheets. Here's where I'm upset again. They didn't have the same color. The only blue color they had was navy. Or white or ivory. Since her first choice was pink, then blue, I went with the Navy. I really hope she likes them. If I'm lucky, I'll walk in the door, throw the sheets in the washer, and they'll be dry in time to make her bed tonight. I hope. Otherwise it will be tomorrow. I just really hate disappointing people, and it's magnified a million times when I disappoint my little girl.