Saturday, December 22, 2007

Third Trimester.

Wow! I'm now officially at 28 weeks, which means I'm in my third trimester! I'm just so amazed that I've made it this far! If things go as they did with Celia, I'll be delivering in 10 weeks. 10 weeks!! The thought brings tears to my eyes! I can't wait to meet the little guy who has been playing soccer with my insides! Just not yet...let's give it a bit longer first!

I'm having to deal with the fact that I can't do everything I expect myself to be able to. Like today. We went to Wegmans down in Fairfax to do our grocery shopping for the holidays (yes...I drove 40 minutes to buy a freaking ham). We spent about 2 hours there, between grabbing pizza for lunch (REAL pizza too- yummy!!). After we got home, I baked cookies (cut-outs), relaxed for an hour, and it was time for dinner. Needless to say, I was way too tired to cook the beef tenderloin that I picked up at Wegmans, so it was off to Ruby Tuesdays for us! Then after we got home, we all decorated the cookies together. Usually I'm a total perfectionist when it comes to cut-out cookies and decorating them. But this year, we all jumped in, helped, and they look fun! Lots of bright colors and tons of sprinkles. It's hard to figure out what NEEDS to get done, what can slide, and what I can slack on. But if I don't come up with a good balance, I'll end up completely worn out and exhausted, which isn't good for any of us.

We've got a lot to do to get ready, and I finally feel like it's OK to start doing just that. We need to paint the nursery. Put the crib together, basinette together, get some boy clothes, and that sort of thing. The nice thing about having a baby after Xmas is that I'll be able to take full advantage of the sales! And I need to prepare mentally for his arrival. I'm really trying hard to avoid ending up with postpartum depression again, but I have a feeling it's inevitable. At least I know what signs to look for this time. I hope!

Notice I keep saying "he/him/his?" We still don't have a name for him. We can't agree! And it's getting annoying!! I'm hoping to have something pinned down in the next few weeks, but who knows!

Ok...I'm tired. I'm going to bed now. Sad that it's 9 and I can barely keep my eyes open.