Sunday, December 2, 2007

a success!

My craft show yesterday was great!! It was at the Bauer Drive Community center in Rockville, and it was great! Lots of poeple, my table partner/friend was fantastic, and we had a great day. And we both sold somewhere around $175 worth of stuff! Between that, and my little show at work the day before, I sold 225 this weekend. I'm so pleased and amazed! Only a few of the things I sold were yarn related- but I'll throw them into the tally when I figure out how much I'll be donating to a fellow IF blogger! It felt really good to hand my husband some cash yesterday. With his side job, we both get a 25% cut from the proceeds after taxes. So, I did the same. I think he was a little surprised, but happy none the less.

Then I got home, after dinner at a place called Urban Burger which was fantastic, and he was in the process of setting up the Christmas tree!! In our house growing up, we always celebrated both Christmas and Hanukkah (mom was catholic, dad is Jewish). So we have been doing the same with Celia. And it makes me happy! Because I actually get to learn a little more about Judaism as I go along, which I really don't remember much about. I only went to Hebrew school for a few years when I was little.

Anyways, I'm excited that the holidays are coming! Today I'm meeting up with the DC bloggers for a cookie exchange! I made my cookies last night as Nathan put together the tree, and then we all decorated it together. Needless to say, after the craft show, tree and cookies, I slept great last night! Unfortunately I'm still pretty exhausted, but I have a feeling that as the cookie exchange gets closer, I'll wake up more. I can't wait!