Thursday, December 27, 2007

it's always something.

I'm SO glad I am working from home today! I went into the upstairs bathroom for a potty break, and as I was about sit, I saw a drip of water hit the floor. From the toilet. Not a good thing!! Then I watched it for a minute, in case I was losing my mind, and I saw a few more drips. Again, from the toilet tank. So I run and call my husband, because I have no clue what to do here, and he asks me if I can get down and turn the valve. I tried not to laugh at him too hard, but it's in a corner, between the tub and toilet that has maybe a foot between them. And I'm supposed to squeeze where? Um, yeah. Not happening. So, he asked if I could try to get a bowl under there to catch the water until he can come home and do it himself. At least he didn't pack a lunch today, since he was busy running around and cleaning up clutter before our cleaning ladies arrived. So he'll be home for lunch, and a quick toilet check to see what's going on with it. This bathroom seriously needs to be gutted, but I don't want to have to do it. I'm hoping we can just get away with fixing the problem and not dealing with the rest. I'd hate to spend thousands on redoing a bathroom which we don't plan to use very often.