Wednesday, December 19, 2007

sickness

Well, the kiddo has had a cold for about a week and a half to 2 weeks now. Every day she keeps pouting and saying how she doesn't feel good and wants to go to the doctor. But it's just a cold, and I don't want to waste the doctor's time. So last night, the cough completely changed. It's much deeper and more chesty, so to the Doctor we'll be heading this morning. I was able to get her in at 11 (or was it 11:15? I need to write these things down!), but it was quite an ordeal getting the appointment. I called the office we go to, and there was a message saying to call the other office since no one was in to answer phones. So I do, and finally get through after 10 minutes of trying. They say that they just talked to the office we use, and that I have to call there, that the person was in to answer the phones now. Crap. So I waste another 10 minutes dialing to get through, and finally do, and the earliest I could get her in was 11. Usually when I call early, I get through pretty quickly and can get the 8:30 appointment (since I live 5 minutes from the office). So my work day is now screwed up, I will get a little done this morning from home, but then I have to take her to the doc, get her checked out, find out if we need to get meds or take her to school or keep her home the rest of the day. What a huge pain in the arse. And I wouldn't be as worried if I wasn't feeling like crap too. Though for me, it's my throat. If she's sick and has an actual infection, then I need to get in to the doc too. I'm pretty sure mine is just viral though.

Well, at least I have an appointment for a massage tonight at 5:30, so I"ll be nice and relaxed. My back has really been killing me the last few days, so I really need it.

EDITED: Well, we're back from the pediatrician, and it looks like Celia has low-grade pneumonia! I had no idea! I'm so glad I took her in, since I almost didn't. He spent a bit of time listening to her lungs, and there's definitely a good infection going on. So she's on antibiotics, and hopefully will be on the mend soon. She's home from preschool today and tomorrow, and thankfully the hubby will stay with her tomorrow, since I have my peri and OB appointments tomorrow morning! And I may have to squeeze in a GP appointment if my throat isn't any better tomorrow.