Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Woo hoo!!

85 this morning! Two days in a row where my blood sugar was below 90!! I'm so excited! I hope this is a new trend, and that I can stop expecting it to be 110.

I've had some very odd dreams the last few nights. One last night involved having an emergency C-section at 25 weeks, but they didn't take the baby out. They went in for something, and tried to close me up, but the "fast acting" anesthesia was not working. So I could feel them closing me up. Then they said that something was wrong and that the baby was in distress and I was bleeding too much. Scared the crap out of me! I woke up, and the baby was kicking me like crazy. It was kind of funny, but I was definitely a bit panicked. In another dream, I was staying in a hotel with a group of women I went to high school with. Some of them I haven't seen in 10+ years, others I have seen more recently. We each had our own rooms, and we were all pregnant and had OB appointments. And all had to take the Glucola for the GD screening test. Some had different flavors, and I was jealous, because I had orange. But I was the only one with a fridge in my room. Then I went to the bathroom, and heard Barenaled Ladies' version of "Auld Lang Syne" coming through the window of my room. I look outside, and there's a BNL concert going on right outside the hotel!! Then I felt Celia rubbing my back telling me it was time to get up.

And tonight at sundown is when Hanukkah starts, which I'm excited about. I did my reading (shut up- I have Judaism for Dummies...I admit it!), so I think I'm ready. I just need to find my Latke recipe, and I'll be happy. I made them last year by tweaking Ina Garten's recipe, and they were SO good!!