Sunday, January 6, 2008

2 months.

Only 2 months to go and we have SO much to take care of!! I'm hoping to head over to Buy Buy Baby or Target or Costco today, to take care of a few things, but we'll see if it happens. I definitely need a nap and need to take it easy- I think I'm coming down with something.
--------------------------------
Now I'm pretty lucky when it comes to my husband. He works regular hours, has a side business project that he works on in the evenings and weekends from home, but just in down time (usually after Celia is in bed and while I'm watching TV). Friday when he came home, he said that he had some work he had to get done over the weekend for his regular job, but it probably wouldn't be more than a few hours. In my opinion- it doesn't matter- a few hours of his side job or regular job. He does it from home, so it doesn't matter. Until he mentioned that night that if he doesn't get enough done, that he'll stay up on Saturday and finish up what he can. I head to bed last night at 10:30, and probably took a bit to fall asleep. I don't sleep well when he's not in bed- he's quiet most of the time, but the light does come in our room (even with doors closed), and I know he'll be in eventually, and then he usually wakes me up. Not on purpose, but it usually happens. So I wake up after midnight and go to the bathroom, and he's still not in bed. Not a big deal, I fall asleep again pretty quickly. Then after 2 I wake up again, and he's STILL not in bed. I go out and yell at him, because now I'm awake and have a head ache. And the light is still coming in. And no matter how hard I beg him if he's going to come in late, he won't sleep elsewhere. he insists on coming in our room and waking me up in the process. So I lay down, try to fall asleep, and by 2:45, I go to the bathroom again and go out to find out what the hell his plans are. Because if he's almost done, I'll just stay up, so he doesn't wake me JUST as I fall asleep again. And he's done, so he comes to bed. At nearly 3. I eventually fall asleep to be awaken by one of our cats, who found a place in the laundry room where she wants to scratch/rub against. Not that she has front claws, but she likes to scratch anyways. And she's LOUD. To the point where I'm not sure if it's even a cat anymore. But after about an hour, she settles down and I'm able to fall asleep again. Though I can still hear her scratching (the wall is shared with our bedroom wall) and making noise. Of course, Nathan hears nothing, until Celia comes downstairs at 6:45 to wake me up. I feel like I haven't slept at all, and I have a horrible headache. So I'm not sure how much will actually get done today, aside from making some Cheddar Corn Chowder in my new pot (it's a Barefoot Contessa recipe, that I've made several times, and it's always good).
--------------------------------
Ok! Back to shopping! With just 2 months left until baby comes, I need to get a few things! Diapers and formula are good to start buying now. I am not at all dillusional in my abilities to breastfeed. I had a horrible experience with Celia, and while I'm going to try with this one, I'm not going to force it too hard if it's not working. And I'm not going to feel guilty about it. Regardless, by the time I go back to work at 3 months, the baby will be weaned to having formula during the day, and I'll nurse when I can at home. I do not want to spend any extra time at work than I have to, which means that several half hour pumping sessions a day are just not going to happen. So I need some formula. Bottles I have still, which is a good thing. Hopefully the baby will take to them without too much of a problem. Then there's diapers, which are never too early to stock up on. Plus we need a changing table for the baby's room. We have the changing table/dresser unit we used for Celia, but since the drawers are broken on it (I do not reccommend Ikea for baby dressers!!), I don't want it in the baby's room. So it's in our room, which is on the lower level of our house. Anyway, a changing station on each floor is a must anyways, considering I won't be able to really do stairs much for a few weeks after C-section. Then there's another stroller. I have a great lightweight "umbrella" stroller for Celia now, and a great infant stroller. But there's only one of me! So I want one of the strollers that's a baby stroller but has a platform on the back for the older kid to sit on. And we need a second infant car seat for Nathan's car. Celia's old seat (pending my checking on recalls) should be fine, but we never had an infant seat for his car. We will this time!! Especially when Nathan will actually be driving with the baby (to drop him off at day care in the morning). Last time I did all the drop-off and pick-up for the first few months. This will NOT be happening this time. I'll pick the kids up, but not drop them off. It's too hard for me. I still need to go through Celia's clothes and find the ones this baby can use. I don't mind him wearing pink and purple and flowers at home, but not in public as much. He's got 5 outfits, but I should grab a few more 0-3s. And some blue sheets. We're reusing Celia's bedding set (which is really just bumpers, a sheet and a blanket), or at least we'll reuse the bumpers. The set is purple and green with white daisies on it. Not exactly gender neutral, but we have it, so why get another one? And it is mostly green, which the room is too, so it will match nicely.

Well, my husband just got up. I'm going to try hard not to be too annoyed with him today, especially since he got less sleep than I did. He does need to understand that if he's going to be up late, that he should lower the lights, and plan on not coming in to our room after midnight. At least for the next 2 months. I really don't remember being this tired when I was expecting Celia. I know that having a toddler makes a difference, but wow!