Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What is it about Tuesdays??

2 weeks ago on Tuesday I went to the hospital. Last Tuesday, I had an awful afternoon at work, with tons of contractions, and could barely sit through a meeting. This tuesday, has started off not so pleasantly either. Yesterday afternoon I started having a few more contractions, but they weren't too painful. By the time I was relaxing after dinner, watching TV, I was having a few more, but again, they weren't too bad. A few were crampy, but overall they weren't bad. Then last night, I woke up at 2:30 to take my meds, and fell asleep right away. An hour later, I woke up with more contractions, which were definitely stronger than the earlier ones. Thankfully, I was able to fall asleep again around 5. This whole contraction thing is starting to get REALLY old!

I relaxed most of the weekend, which was nice, and helpful, but annoying. I am not good at doing nothing. I did a few little things, I sorted out Celia's baby clothes and got rid of the ones that were really stained, and pulled out anything I can use for the boy, and made a pile for some co-workers who are having girls (there are 3 of them). I also cleaned out the baby dresser, and had Nathan put Celia's good stuff in her new dresser. Now it's empty, and ready for boy clothes! Nathan got the crib and bassinette put together, fixed our shower (we had a leak), did the laundry, did the grocery shopping, and I know there's more that I'm forgetting. We have a list (about a mile long) of things that we need to get done before the baby comes. Now a good part of it is done!

Celia had a rough night last night. She was a crying mess, and it really was the first glimpse of what's to come. Her whole world is going to change when the baby gets here, adn i think she's starting to realize that it's coming soon. She watched and helped Nathan put everything together, and seemed to be having a great time. But after dinner, she was so clingy, and was melting down left and right. I'm pretty sure that it's because of all the baby stuff we did this weekend. Next weekend I'll have to make sure to do some things with her that don't involve anything baby related. She's still wetting her pants constantly. And now it's happening at school daily too. Her teacher suggested getting her some big girl underwear, so yesterday Nathan went to Macy's and got her some cute print underwear, and matching undershirts. Her old ones all have princesses, Dora and Elmo on them. So maybe having "big girl" underwear will help. Her teacher had suggested frilly pretty underwear, but I couldnt' find anything like it (and if you google girls panties, you get some not so nice websites). We keep stressing that she's a big girl now that she's almost 4, and we even switched to giving her whole vitamins (she used to get a half) to show her how big she's getting. We'll see if it works.