Friday, January 25, 2008

still here!

Things are still the same. Still working from home most of the time. I actually went in Tuesday afternoon for a meeting, and then this morning for another meeting. Which was really good! It's hard to be so isolated from everyone, and only seeing 3 people daily (Nathan, Celia, and Celia's teacher). Plus we have some pretty big deadlines coming up in the next few weeks, which is going to be very crazy! Thankfully, most of what I need to do can be done from my sofa. Thank goodness for Secure.ID!

Still having contractions, but not too many and they aren't too strong. I'm SO glad it's Friday!! I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Tomorrow is the DC get together, which should be awesome! It seems like forever since I've seen everyone! And then that evening my SIL and her husband are coming for a visit. Plus on Sunday, I'm having a tea party! Some friends are coming, which I can't wait for! Most of them I haven't seen in ages. Plus we get to drink tea from china, and eat scones. What's better than that?! And all of it is easy and relaxing, and I won't be overdoing it.

Tomorrow I hit 33 weeks, so it's getting down to the wire! Lots still needs to be done, but we've also gotten a lot done. I'll see both my MFM and OB on Thursday, which will be really good. I see my MFM first, and will have another scan, and then a few hours later, I see my OB. And we'll schedule my C-section! I'm very curious to see when this will be! I'm getting nervous about that part...having surgery while you're wide awake is a very strange experience. But, I also would rather not attempt a VBAC (even though now that baby is head down, it would be possible to try).

This week, my main challenge has been sleeping through the night. Every night I wake up about 5 or 6 times, which is partially because I don't want to miss a dose of Pro.cardia (I have to take one at around 3). Most of the time, it's either the baby or contractions keeping me up. Or, my mind races with all that I need to finish up! And of course, I end up losing about 2 solid hours of sleep. Could be way worse though! I'm just so glad the combo of working form home more and taking the medication really does seem to be helping. I do notice when I'm up and around too much, that I do contract more, so it's good that I don't have to be up too much.