Wednesday, August 8, 2007

10 Things

Leah tagged me to do the Polarity Meme. It's way easier than the 100 Things About Me Meme and all those others that were going around for a while. So I figured I'd give it a shot...

10 things I hate:

1. Cigarette smoke
Always #1 on my list. My parents smoked when I was growing up and it completely grossed me out. Now the smell triggers migranes, and makes me want to puke. Oh so much fun when I was driving behind a lady this morning who was holding a cigarette out of her car window. Sadly, I can smell it from a mile away- even when I'm not pregnant.

2. People who judge
I'm a working mom. Not necessarily by choice, but if we want to live in a nice house, and have extra cash, I need to work. And my job is really neat. I do cool things, and actually use my Masters degree (unlike my BA, which is shoved up somewhere). ;) I would love to be able to be home with my daughter, but it's just not possible right now. Hopefully in the future it will work out so I can be, but for now, I'm a working mom. My daughter has been "raised" in day care, and while I'm not thrilled with that, I really hate it when people look at me like I'm a horrible person because my daughter is in full time day care. If you want to pay my $3K mortgage for me, then I'll quit my job, gladly.
Then there are those who judge me for spanking my child for running away from me in a parking lot. A busy parking lot. Oh yeah, she got her butt spanked really hard for that one. She could have gotten killed if someone was backing out!!

3. being queasy.
blech. I hate that feeling.

4. Throwing up
Really, do I need to elaborate?

5. Being hot
I hate it when the clothes start to stick to you, and you just can't cool down. Gross. I'd rather be freezing, at least then you can put on layers and warm up a bit.

6. Being mocked
I've worn glasses since the time I was 3. And they were thick glasses. And I was smart, and well behaved. I was constantly teased, and hated it. Half of my insecurities come from being teased in elementary/junior high.

7. flying things
Bees, wasps, hornets, flys, anything that buzzes by my ears. Especially if they sting. I hate them. They terrify me.

8. My insecurities.
I've always been insecure, for as long as I can remember. I hate that I let that get in the way of my life sometimes. I try not to, but once in a while, it's just there.

9. garlic
It has it's place, but right now, it's as far away from me as possible. The smell is just nasty. Blech!!

10. people who think they're better than everyone else
enough said.



10 things I love:

1. My daughter
She's just incredible. Smart, sweet, beautiful, loving, amazing. I am so completely in love with her, that it's amzing to believe that it grows more intense every day. Even when she's being a brat.

2. My husband
He's great. I love him like crazy, he's supportive, helps out around the house, loves me unconditionally, and takes care of us. He has his moments when I want to run away screaming, but most of the time, he's really pretty awesome.

3. Our kitties
We have 2 cats, and they're just so sweet. One's the Queen of our house, and the other is the wild child.

4. Ice cream
I could eat ice cream every day. Love it!!

5. Pizza and wings
Growing up in Buffalo, I'm a huge wing snob. I love them, and could eat them all the time. Now they aren't anything like the "buffalo wings" you can get at many chains. They're meatier, crispier, and the sauce is just better. And the Blue Cheese is a must! The pizza in Buffalo is also the best. It's thicker crust, but not too thick, and the sauce is just so much better than anything I've found in Maryland. I go home, and one of the things I must go is get pizza and wings. It's just that good.

6. yarn/knitting/spinning/dyeing
I was 5 when I learned to knit. I used to go to the local yarn shop with my mom when she was buying yarn, or looking for patterns, or something for her knitting machine. I used to love all of the different colors and textures. Every few years, I had the desire to pick up needles again, but it never stuck. Then my daughter was born, and I was hooked! I went to a local shop, got some yarn and needles, and help,,,,,,,and it's been hopeless ever since. I have a LOT of yarn in my house (3 large bins, a sweater hanger, AND a huge box of undyed yarn. I have a little yarn dyeing business, and a spinning wheel. There's just something about the colors and textures of the yarn that I love. It makes me feel like I'm home. It's hard to explain.


7. Wine
I first had a wine that I liked in Hungary 10 years ago. The only thing I remember about it was that it was white, a Traminer, and it was yummy. A few years later when my boyfriend (now hubby) and I were doing the Youth Hostel thing in Europe, we were amazed at how much cheaper it was to have wine with dinner, rather than water. We had wine in France and Italy, and it was really good! We came back, and started to drink a little more here and there. And then we honeymooned in Niagara On The Lake, in Ontario, which is a really beautiful town, and wine region. We tasted, loved, and brought 4 and a half cases of wine back. Yes, we do still have some. ;) We usually have at least 5 cases of wine in the house at any given time.


8. Cooking
I love to cook! I use it as a way to experiment, try new things, try to recreate things that I've had somewhere and loved. It makes me feel good to make food to feed my family.

9. Eating out
While I love to cook, I love to eat out just as much. I love trying new foods, eating things that I don't have the time/patience to try cooking, and just getting a night off from cooking and dealing with dishes (even though my hubby ususally does the dishes). Sometimes I just don't want to think about it. Or have a craving. Lately my craving has been Fondue again. I really need to go to The Melting Pot soon. Hmmmm... Anyone want to join me?? ;)

10. vacations
It doesn't have to be to anywhere, bt it's more fun if its a trip. I love cruises, traveling around, or just relazing on a beach. It's so much fun seeing my daughter have fun and getting to spend more time with her. Having a break from work, and the house, and the daily routines. I think it will be a while before we take another vacation, but I am really looking forward to it when we do.

Ok!! Now it's your turn. I'm going to tag a few people here, who I don't think have done this one yet:
Dmarie
Changing Expectations
In and Out of Luck
And anyone else who wants to!!