Friday, August 10, 2007

You guys rock!

Thanks so much for all of your advice on the metformin/pregnancy thing. It makes some sense. I'm finally feeling a bit better today too! My head is much better, though I'm still pretty tired. Even after sleeping LOADS yesterday, and vegging in front of the TV the rest of the time. You know it's bad, when I have no desire to knit. It's my passion, obsession, whatever you want to call it! And I have so much yarn I'm dyeing to start using, but I couldn't bring myself to start anything (or work on any current projects. Until, last night that is!! I finally cast on for a pair of socks I've been wanting to knit for a while. The pattern is a little lacey, and somewhat complicated, so it will keep me busy. And my goal is to have them done by the time I have this baby. I want to wear them in the hospital. Hopefully I'll finish at least 1 more pair by then too, but it's a start.

I'm heading up to my local yarn shop to pick up some pretty yarn for a sweater for this baby. I think I'm finally starting to believe that this is really happening, as it progresses. I am thinking a pretty light green, or a deep blue. I love blue on boys and girls, so that could work. It will be fun to head over and look. Shopping for yarn always makes me happy (yes...I'm obsessed! I know!).

Then, there's something else I've been worrying a bit about. I am going to a conference at the end of October, in San Jose, CA. I've never been to California before, so I had planned on taking a few days, either before or after, to spend in California. Maybe San Francisco or something. Now, I am not so sure. I don't mind travelling alone, but doing it pregnant makes me nervous. At least at the conference, my supervisor and another woman in my department will be there. But the idea of spending time in a city that I'm not familiar with, when I'm clearly pregnant (I'll be about 20 weeks at that point), makes me really nervous. So I'll probably just forget about it, and try to get back some time in the future. Still not sure though...

SOOO glad it's the weekend! I do feel horrible about it though. This weekend is my family reunion in buffalo. My whole family (extended, and so on), will be there. Except for us. And a few others, but most everyone that I know will be there, including my 95 year old grandmother. I feel guilty about not going, but I also haven't been feeling well enough to drive all the way up there. Though I'm tempted to jump in the car after work and try to make it anyways. I've already warned Nathan that he's going to have to sit on me to prevent me from going. I really want to go. But I don't want to drive. I want to see everyone (including a second cousin who has had 2 successful IVF pregnancies, the second of which resulted in twins). I really miss home. But I also know that if I go, it would make me even more homesick and more likely to go house shopping and want to move back even more than I do already. Bah!