Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Um, yeah.

I'm really glad I mentioned the fact that my fasting blood sugar is usualy a little high to the doc the other day. I got my monitor yesterday evening, and tested for the first time this morning. It was 103. Without medication. So- Definitely need the meds to keep it under 90. I just REALLY hope it does the trick. She said if not, we'll jump straight to Insulin, which terrifies me. I really don't want to need that.

Other than that, things are good. Feeling great! Just tired! Monday night I had a horrible night sleep- I forgot about all of the nightmares I have when I'm pregnant. With Celia, they were always about me getting killed. Or robbed/mugged/stabbed. Or hit by a car. Or that sort of thing. This time, it's about losing the baby. Having a horrible miscarriage, with blood everywhere, and Celia looking at me crying asking what's wrong. Then feeling the baby come out, being smaller than the palm of my hand, and still having a beating heart. Yeah, not good. Needless to say I think I better avoid eating too close to bed. I woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep. Thankfully last night was all good dreams, so that was much better. I even made it all night without having to get up to pee. That never happens- even when I'm not pregnant!

It's only Wednesday, and I'm already really looking forward to the weekend. I love long weekends! And my SIL is going to come visit, since her hubby will be away for part of the weekend for work. I told Celia this morning, and she was SO excited!! I'm really looking forward to a nice and relaxing weekend. Lots of sleep, rest, and some fun thrown in. I am so glad I have Monday off.

And, I heard from my mom's cousin, who is a realtor in Buffalo, so we can get together over Thanksgiving to look at some places. It's the last time we'll be up there until after the baby is born, so we want to get a jump start. We'll have loads of time next summer to look, but if we decide to build, we need to get an early start on that. I'm so excited. It's going to be so nice to have family nearby. And all of the things about Buffalo that I miss. Yes, I even partially miss some of the snow. If we got more than an inch here, it wouldn't be that bad. Last year, we only had enough for sledding once. Same the year before. And it had started to melt before the day was up. Sad!!


EDITED: Definitely not looking good. After my breakfast, a cup of milk, a whole grain bagel and cream cheese from Panera, my blood sugar was 154. They want it under 135. Hopefully the Gly.buride kicks in soon and does it's thing. I'm really strating to freak out now that this may not go away this time, if it's already here at 11.5 weeks.

Edited again: Seems to be working. After lunch (salad, cheese, crutons, dressing, pudding, some gatorade), my level was 101. What a relief!