Sunday, November 25, 2007

Home again

It feels so good to be home! I'm really hoping that this is the last year we'll have to travel for holidays. Thakfully for Hanukkah and Christmas, we'll be staying put. We had a great trip though! We got to see my aunt and uncle and their 2 kids (ages 5 and 3), which Celia loved. She played for hours with her cousins! Thaksgiving dinner was the best I've had in a long time! My mom and I work really well as a team in the kitchen. Everything was absolutely perfect. And it was good to see my step brothers again. I also got to meet my dad's new girlfriend, who seems really great. I was glad to see him smiling agian.

Then Saturday, was a day to ourselves! My mom and step dad took Celia and my cousin to see The Nutcracker downtown, which she absolutely loved. My mom had found a childrens book of the story, and we must have read it to Celia a dozen times before the Ballet. And she absolutely loved it!! She's been talking about it like crazy, and can't wait to see another ballet. While they did the Nutcracker, Nathan and I went and talked briefly with a homebuilder. We decided that we don't want to build a house when we move back to Buffalo, which is a really huge step. I thought for sure it was what I wanted, but after seeing the location, homes, and other areas where homes are going up, we decided to work with a realtor when the time comes, and find the perfect house for us. It will save us tens of thousands, and probably be bigger and in a better area. I'm excited about this decision though. We also went to my favorite ice cream place. I used to go there once a year or so when I was growing up, and let me tell you- the place has not changed a bit. It still smells the same, and everything tastes the same. I was in pure heaven. And we went to a great local Italian place for dinner. Talk about the perfect day!

The drive back today wasn't too bad. Exactly 8 hours from my mom's driveway to Red Robin. It's so good to be home! I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight. And tomorrow, it's back to the grind.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!


EDITED: To answer Becky's questions- It was Antionettes on the Hill in West Seneca. By far the best hot butterscotch with hot fudge sundae I've ever had! And we're thinking Amherst. Close to both parents, and closer to Rochester than the Southtowns would be. I can't wait!!