Thursday, November 29, 2007

still no call...

I'm calling back in the morning if I don't hear back by then. I faxed over my sugars yesterday morning, and still no idea what the heck I'm supposed to do!!

And, this morning, my level was 108. Bad, bad, bad! And did I behave last night? Yes! I had a little bit of Ravioli for dinner, but mostly ate the meatballs, and not much of the pasta or sauce. So annoying that my body won't cooperate.

On the plus side, I saw my OB this morning. He spent some extra time going through my records and tests that we've done, which was great. We repeated my pap, so hopefully it is all fine. Apparently the results before were "unsatisfactory", whatever that means. And he was pleased that I'm feeling better with iron supplements. And not exactly thrilled with my sugars, but happy that we're working on it. And glad that everything else is good. That's when I pretty much said that this was it for me, and I not going to ever go through this again. He laughed, and said that he couldn't figure out why? With the IVF, the loss of the second baby, the sugar issues, the iron, the pap, and everything else (I'm sure I'm missing one thing at least)... He then said that when he's in there doing the C-section, that he can easily do a tubal ligation if I want him to. I told him that I was definitely thinking about it, but that it will definitely either be that or my husband taking care of things. So I'm thinking about it. As I have been. And I go back in 3 weeks. BUT, on the amazingly plus side, I do not have to take the GD screening test!! No Glucola for me!! I've already been diagnosed and in treatment for GD, so there's no need to test for it. I could have hugged him when he said that! The stuff is nasty. And, the 3 hour blood test after my results would have come back high isn't necessary either! Thank goodness something went my way.

And thanks for all of your comments yesterday! Some great ideas, and I'm definitely going to try some. Had a cheese omlette this morning, and it was pretty good. I think this weekend, I may try to make a crustless Quiche (which was my boss' suggestion). One other annoying thing? You know what else count as carbs?? Fruit! And Potatoes, and corn. And Tomato sauce. And milk. I love fruit, potatoes, corn, and especially milk! And I have to really limit them. If I wasn't starving all the time, it would be easier. I gave Celia a little warm milk before bed (she kept saying she was hungry) to take away the hungries. It was so hard not to have some myself. I love warm milk. Especially when it's stirred up with some Hershey's cocoa , a splenda and a pinch of salt. My favorite snack during the winter. And healthy, because it's got milk, splenda, and unsweetened cocoa. And it's impressive- between the last 2 weeks, when I should be gaining weight- I managed to LOSE 3 pounds. Just from changing my diet. Gotta love that. I hope I don't get yelled at for too much weight loss again.