Wednesday, November 7, 2007

hormones suck.

Last night, when I got home from work, I was so tired. I had roasted a chicken on Sunday, and we were going to reheat it for dinner, nice and easy! Until Celia asked very sweetly if we could go to ChickFilA. Of course, I usually would say no, but I was tired. And she has been really good lately at school, listening to her teachers, and being nice to her friends. What a turnaround from a few weeks ago! So, since it was Kids Night, we decided to go. Now last time we went on Kids night, we had no problem getting a table, she got to play in the play area, and make an art project of a necklace. She really loved it. So, we went! And the line was horrible. Nathan let her play in the play area while I ordered the food. I got the food, and there was NO where to sit. Not one single table anywhere. Several people were hogging tables while clearly letting their kids play while they sat. At a 4 person table by themselves. I was really getting annoyed. And upset. Because my daughter, who had been so good, who we had taken out for a "reward" for her good behaviour, and we were going to have to take our food home and eat there. Thankfully the craft person was nice about it and let her take a bookmark home to color, and the other lady painted a flower on her hand quickly. She was so upset, and I felt awful trying to explain why we were leaving. But no one was budging, so we had no choice. I know it was a good lesson for her, that sometimes we don't get what we want, and things don't always work out the way we wnat them to, but it was so hard watching her try to understand why we were leaving. I must have walked around 10 times, looking for signs of anyone getting up. There were a few, but then they'd sit back down at the table. By the time we got back out to the car, I was so frustrated, and nearly in tears. I hate disappointing my daughter, especially when it's out of my control.