Thursday, November 8, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!

Just a few days ago, I posted about how annoying it is that the holidays are literally shoved down our throats nearly 2 months early. Today, I'm going to mention the one exception I have to this. The Starbucks Gingerbread latte. I just went across the street to the bank, and to get a little jolt for the afternoon. Looking at millions of A, T, C, G's in various combinations is enough to make anyone's mind go numb. And that's all I've been doing this week. So today, I decided to splurge and grab a coffee after my trip to the bank (stupid ATM card is cracked, so I had to order a new one). Anyway, I walk in, and it looks like Santa's elves threw up all over the place. Then, I smelled it. My favorite drink in the whole world. Every January, I look forward to the day when they arrive again for the season, and today is that day. So, I ordered my grande version, with full caffeine (just this once!), and took a sip once I was outside. That, my friends, is what made my entire day.