Wednesday, November 28, 2007

waiting by the phone.

So, when I saw the high risk doc last Wed, she upped my gly.buride dose from 2.5mg twice a day to 5mg twice per day to help with my outrageous fasting levels. They haven't been good. They're supposed to be below 90. And they've ranged from 100 to 118 for about 2 weeks. She said that if it didn't help, to call back. Since we were away for Turkey day, I figured I'd wait until I was home for a few days, and eating much better, to worry. this morning, it was 109. Not good at all. The rest of my levels have been perfect though. And I've really cut the amount of carbs I've been eating. Let me tell you how much I hate eating eggs every day for breakfast...but I'm doing it. No carbs before lunch. So difficult!! Especially when I'm starving!!

So, I just called a few minutes ago, to see what I should do. The person I spoke with (nurse I think), asked me to fax the sheet over, and she'd look at my levels and talk with the doc. Then get back to me. So now I wait to find out what I'm supposed to do. I know that the high fasting levels are not good. I'm doing mostly what I can to fix them, yet they're still horrible. Very annoying. Granted my diet isn't perfect. But about 90% of the time, it is. At least in the last week it has been. I think I'm going to turn into an egg. If anyone has suggestions of something that is protein, with no carbs, that I can eat for breakfast without making me want to hurl, I'm open to ideas. This morning I took a sausage patty and chopped it into the pan and cooked it before adding the eggs. I'm definitely going to head to Bed Bath and Beyond this weekend to pick up a microwave poacher. I love poached eggs, but they're a hassle to make on the stove top every morning. And, I can't eat them every day without wanting to hurl.

Believe me, though it sounds like I"m complaining, I don't mind it too much. I'll eat eggs daily. I'll give up carbs before noon. I'll do whatever it takes. It's just really hard sometimes.

I'm also trying to come to terms with the fact that this will be our last child. I can't afford (healthwise) to have gest.ational dia.betes a third time. Especially when things get pretty well out of hand so early on. It scares the crap out of me. Does this mean I'm just a few years away from type 2? I'm going to do the best I can to prevent that from happening (if it's not too late already). I want to be around to raise my kids, and see them get married and have families. I don't want to risk that. And my husband was even hesitant in trying for a second child, because it worries him. This time, he's told me that he wants to get a vas.ectomy, to ensure that I don't get pregnant again. As if it would happen anyways! But it is a nice thought- he is so worried about me, and my health, that he'd rather kill off his chances of fathering any more children, than risk my health. I know it's sweet. And it's amazing that he's so willing. But I can't help but be sad that this really will be my last pregnancy.